Cloisters Level 1 863 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000 | Call us on 08 9218 9059
Copyright © 2012 ATI-Mirage. All rights reserved.
Word Advanced - 2 Day
Objectives of this course are to provide experienced users of Microsoft Word for Windows with the opportunity to experience the full features of this application and develop skills to build on their expertise.
Review of Intermediate Concepts
- Brief recap of areas covered in Intermediate Course
- Perform mail merges using the mail merge wizard
- Filtering records from data source and using external data sources
- Inserting merge fields and other merge techniques
Working with Large Documents
- Document navigation techniques
- Creating Master and Subdocuments
- Importing and exporting files and data from other applications
- Working with templates & styles
- Creating a Cover Page
- Create multiple columns
- Enhancing graphics using the picture formatting options
- Working with drawing tools, text boxes and Autoshapes, wordart & effects
- Advanced Header and Footer controls including working with sections
- Creating bookmarks, comments & cross references
- Inserting footnotes & endnotes
- Compiling, updating and modifying Table Of Contents & Indexes
- Linking documents using hyperlinks
- Designing, creating and editing electronic forms using from controls and automated fields
- Introduction to Word Macros
- Recording & accessing a Macro
- Customising the toolbars, Menus and key assignments
On completion of the course, participants will be able to perform advanced text and graphics editing, create and generate a table of contents and an index, and customise the views, tools and options to enhance efficient use of the package.
Knowledge of Windows, which includes all topics in the Introduction and Intermediate courses, is highly desirable.
Certification Options: Microsoft Office Specialist
Microsoft Office User Expert Certification in Word.
Software Versions Available
Public courses are available for users of Word 2007, 2010 & 2013.