Cloisters Level 1 863 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000 | Call us on 08 9218 9059
Copyright © 2012 ATI-Mirage. All rights reserved.
Whether you are negotiating a contract with a supplier or the price of a car with a dealership, your negotiation skills directly influence the result you get.
This course will examine how you can apply a win-win collaborative approach to negotiation to produce better outcomes for yourself and your organisation. You will learn how to plan your negotiations for positive, long-term results.
- What is negotiation?
- The nature of negotiation
- Negotiation styles
- What is your style?
- Identifying the best approach
Expert negotiation skills
- Characteristics of expert negotiators
- Probing to get to the core
- Negotiating with objective criteria
- Dealing with negative emotions of others
The negotiation process
- The negotiation plan
- Identifying the objectives
- Create options for mutual gain
- Getting to agreement
Resistance, tactics and games
- Dealing with tough negotiators
- Responding to resistance from others
- Points of contention
- Handling aggressive behaviour during a negotiation
Follow up after the negotiation
- Follow up after the negotiation
- Action planning
- Reviewing the negotiation
By the end of this program participants will be able to
- Define negotiation and where it occurs in your workplace
- Thoroughly plan to achieve your desired outcomes in negotiation
- Outline a process to follow when conducting a negotiation
- Identify challenges in negotiation and demonstrate strategies for dealing with resistance and tough negotiators
- Identify different types of negotiation tactics and create strategies for dealing with them
- Describe and use different negotiation styles
- Explore the differences between principled and positional negotiations
- Identify the characteristics of effective negotiations
- Demonstrate the fundamental skills used by expert negotiators
This course requires no prior training or experience.