Cloisters Level 1 863 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000 | 08 9218 9059
Copyright © 2018 ATI-Mirage. All rights reserved.
Microsoft Project - Introduction Course
Objectives of this course are to give participants the skills necessary to schedule, chart and summarise tasks using MS Project.
It provides an overview of the role of MS Project in Project Management, and provides an understanding of how to apply the features of this powerful application in developing a project management plan.
This is best for
New users of Microsoft Project, those who have used the package a little and want to improve their skills, and those who have used it in the past and wish to refresh their skills.
Project Management Overview
- What is a Project? - definitions, concepts and terminology
- Project Management and MS Project’s role
- Introduction to the MS Project interface
- Working with views and tables
Creating a Project
- Setting project information
- Determining the project calendar
- Entering tasks, durations and milestones
- Inserting, deleting, and moving tasks
- Using summary tasks to group data
- Manual vs. Auto scheduling
Establishing and Modifying Task Dependencies
- Linking tasks
- Changing link types
- Working with lag and lead times
- Managing multiple link dependencies
- Using task notes
Working with Resources
- Creating a resource pool
- Assigning resources to tasks using sheet view
- Using print preview
- Modifying print options
- Understand MS Project role in assisting in managing a project
- Create a Gantt Chart and assign a Calendar
- Create and edit Tasks, Durations, and Predecessors
- Create a Resource Pool and assign Work Resources
- Format and Print a Gantt chart
Experience with Spreadsheets and an understanding of Windows concepts essential. Project Management theoretical concepts highly recommended.
$450 GST free per person
- Experienced facilitator
- Interactive, practical and hands on learning
- Comprehensive take-home training and reference manual
- Post-course Help Desk support
- Certificate of Attendance for participants
- Morning & afternoon refreshments
- Delicious cafe lunch
- Post course follow up
Enjoy Real People, Real Conversations, Real Results
Available for 2010, 2013, 2016 & 365
Is this the right course for you?