Cloisters Level 1 863 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000 | 08 9218 9059
Copyright © 2018 ATI-Mirage. All rights reserved.
Developing Effective Policies and Procedures
In just one day you will learn strategies and skills that will help you prepare well-written policies and procedures that everyone can understand - and will want to read!
During the program we use a combination of theory, small group discussion and activiites to get you working on a policy or procedure in your area of interest/accountability. We recommend you bring along samples of your organisation's procedures or policies, and samples of the policy and procedure templates your organisation uses.
- Setting the context
- Learning outcomes
- Personal objectives
Policy or Procedure?
- The difference between policies and procedures
- Reasons for writing policies and procedures
- A simple framework for developing policies and procedures
Writing Techniques for Policies and Procedures
- Writing with the reader in mind
- Design considerations
- Using a systematic approach to writing
- Collating and selecting the content
- Structuring the document
- Preparing the first draft - quickly
- Editing for clarity
Testing and Implementing
- Testing the documents for accuracy and success
- Notifying the users
- Approaches for successful implementation.
After attending this program, participants will be able to:
- Explain the difference between policies and procedures
- Identify what procedures and policies the organisation needs
- Involve stakeholders to collate the content for a policy or procedure
- Save time by applying an efficient approach to writing
- Produce clear and easy to understand policies and procedures
- Suggest how to best distribute policies and implement procedures
This program requires no previous experience or training.
$550+GST per person
- Experienced facilitator
- Interactive, practical and hands on learning
- Small groups for maximum impact
- Take home resource workbook
- Post course Coach Line
- Post course follow up
- Certificate of Attendance for participants
- Morning & afternoon refreshments
- Delicious cafe lunch
Enjoy Real People, Real Conversations, Real Results